I love Christmas more than I love Thanksgiving. For me personally, the holiday’s significance extends beyond Santa, cookies, and carols. The special day serves as a reminder of the greatest gift I received, and I feel compelled to share the same joy with others. Gathering with family over a hearty Christmas meal enables me to do so. But I also enjoy spreading the mirth through meaningful cards or thoughtful gifts. What Maya Angelou, one of my childhood favorite authors, said comes to mind–“…people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” People won’t remember how expensive your gift is, but they will remember how they felt when receiving and/or using it. Hence, I embrace my mother’s philosophy of Treat Every Guest Special, for the seemingly most banal man may be the greatest. Bearing such spirit in mind, below are a few ideas that I believe carry intrinsic value.
1. Archipelago Diffuser — Who doesn’t want to wake up to a refreshing scent every morning?
2. Hair Jewelry (similar here)
3. Valerie Confections Assorted Petit Fours — Savor every moment.
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Trio Set — Travel comfortably with these utilitarian sized fragrances.
5. L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream — For those walkers who suffer from callouses…
6. Clarisonic Mia 2 Skin Cleansing System — Say farewell to ineffective, costly facial massages!
7. Anthropologie Gold Monogram Mug — A part of him/her glossed with gold.
Merry Christmas, everyone. In the midst of stress and chaos, I am reminding myself daily of the peace and serenity that transcended this earth. Hoping you will as well!